TimetoKill.net

Add servers in game menu

winnie

This is something I've been doing for years where I add servers into GameMenu.res to make connecting to and switching between servers super easy.

30mlb91.png

To get the TimetoKill link's setup like above:

1. Download this VPK and place it at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\custom 

2. Restart CS:S

If you want to customize the menu with additional links :

• Create a file called GameMenu.res file with your favorite text editor located at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\resource\GameMenu.res . You will have to create the resource folder if it is not there.

• The contents of the file should be what is below:
    "GameMenu"{	"0"	{		"label" "Join TimetoKill GunGame"		"command" "engine connect 108.61.41.82"	}	"0"	{		"label" "Join TimetoKill Rotate"		"command" "engine connect 108.61.41.82:27017"	}	"0"	{		"label" "Join TimetoKill Minigame"		"command" "engine connect 108.61.41.82:27016"	}	"1"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_ResumeGame"		"command" "ResumeGame"		"OnlyInGame" "1"	}	"2"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_Disconnect"		"command" "Disconnect"		"OnlyInGame" "1"	}	"3"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_PlayerList"		"command" "OpenPlayerListDialog"		"OnlyInGame" "1"	}	"4"	{		"label" ""		"command" ""		"OnlyInGame" "1"	}	"5"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_FindServers"		"command" "OpenServerBrowser"	}	"6"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_CreateServer"		"command" "OpenCreateMultiplayerGameDialog"	}	"7"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_Achievements"		"command" "OpenCSAchievementsDialog"	}	"8"	{		"label" "#GameUI_ReportBug"		"command" "engine bug"	}	"9"	{		"label" "#GameUI_LaunchBenchmark"		"command" "OpenBenchmarkDialog"	}	"10"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_Options"		"command" "OpenOptionsDialog"	}	"11"	{		"label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_Quit"		"command" "Quit"	}}

You'll notice the general format and can edit it to your needs. You will need to update the numbering if you add anymore items and will need to update the IP addresses if they ever change.

Yup, you can do other stuff with it to. For example, I have added Sourcemod admin and Mani admin to appear only while I'm in a game for quick access.

You'll have to modify the #'s to match your order

"#"
{
"label" "Mani admin menu"
"command" "engine admin"
"OnlyInGame" "1"
}
"#"
{
"label" "SM admin menu"
"command" "engine sm_admin"
"OnlyInGame" "1"